Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Agony of Defeat Revisited

If you have followed my blog back in February, I posted about losing a case involving the township auditors in a surcharge action. I spent last week preparing my appellate brief for the Commonwealth Court and just sent it out yesterday. The issues on appeal are whether the auditors proved by a preponderance of the evidence that the supervisors improperly purchased the loader and paid a higher price than they had contracted for a different loader; whether the trial court decision to bifurcate the trial improperly shifted the burden of proof; whether the trial court decision violates the requirements for public bidding and public policy; and whether the trial court failed to recognize the "financial loss" to the township. It will be interesting to see what the Commonwealth Court does with the appeal. I will continue to update.

No comments: